Golden week starts in earnest tomorrow night, although most of Japan was pretty much off the grid for today and will be tomorrow as well. And to celebrate the yen seemed to be in rally mode, reclaiming USD/JPY 80… On my end I thought I’d kick things up by summarizing quite a few tidbits of what I have learned about the country in the last month or so, and would thus start with an overview of what I hope to get back to at S3 later in the week, in no particular order.
- Lessons learned – miscellaneous reflections and comments.
- Liquidity – on repatriation flows and a revisit of my ideas on “excess available capital” and what this will mean for nearly all aspects of the economy.
- At the margin – government bond yields and some recommendations to take Andy Xie and Kyle Bass with a longer view.
- Regional trade flows – Cuddly Tiger Hailing Dragon? On the importance and opportunities of China’s growth.
- It’s now or never – why 2012 is pretty much the last chance to tip the weights of the differential equation from economic dampening to acceleration.
I’ll add links back to this post as things come around, and update with further points if I come up with anything else. In the mean time, enjoy the time off and get some great trades in!